Helmer : (in a sad voice) I can't believe she really left, that is the last thing I expected to happen. What caused this? Was it me? Was it her? Was it the children? What caused this? I don't think i can go on, Nora was my happiness and joy and now she is gone just like that. I should have treated her more like a woman instead of little child. Calling her names, treating her like she was just another woman.
( Helmer stays in his room and continues to mourn the leaving of his wife, doesn't eat, sleep, drink, just stays in his room. The children walk into the room)
Children : Poppa, where's mom? It's time to play.
Helmer : (wiping his tears) Nora is coming back my sweet children, she is going to a place where she is going to happy.
Children : She wasn't happy here? why not?
Helmer : Sadly no she wasn't so now it's just us and we will make the best out of it. I know I haven't been the best father but I promise i will change and be a better father. I've already lost the love of my life, I can't loose the love of my children. Now go play, i love you.
(The children go to play. Helmer goes into the living and sits on the coach. After hours and hours of sadness He starts to get a different view on the situation.)
Helmer : I still have my children, my house, my new job which means more money. Why do I need Nora ? After all she did lie to me, and I'm pretty sure that's not the only time she has. She didn't really help me with anything, all she did was worry about her own needs. I have needs too. She was a waste of space in this house, a waste of money, and a huge waste of time. I don't need Nora, I just need myself. I Torvald Helmer don't need a women to make me happy or put me down. I can do that all by my damn self. It's just me and my children for now on. No women, well at least no women for relationships and marriage, just me and my children living it up. No women no problem.
( The days go by, Some are filled with Helmer's sadness,thoughts and regrets. Others are filled with happiness, freedom, and just joy in Torvald. One morning there is a knock on the door, Helmer wakes, walks down the hallway to the door and opens and surprisingly sees Nora standing outside the door.)
Nora : Oh Torvald, how I've missed you? I'm so sorry I left you, I was angry and wasn't thinking straight . I thought i can do well by myself but after a couple of days I realized I can't, I need you Helmer, take me back. I love you.
Helmer : ( with a little giggle, then to a serious angry face looking right into Nora's eyes) Do you know what you have put me through? There are some nights I can't sleep, some days I can't eat, some days I can't think straight. You have put me through hell on Earth. It's crazy to believe that some body can hurt you the most when they aren't even here. You had me going absolutely crazy, I had thoughts of quitting my job, even committing suicide. You killed me inside Nora. And now since you have nothing without me you want me to just take you back like this never happened? (raising his voice) Well look here you devil , The children and I are doing just fine without a mother and wife. You are not needed here anymore. You have put all of us through enough and we don't want anything to do with you.So go back to where ever it is that you came from. Don't come back here again and please make this the last time I see you. (with a smirk) Good bye.
(Torvald slams the door, locks it, walks away and doesn't even look back.)
6 comments:
Nice ending
The children's dialogue made me cry!
Sad the kids don't have their mom anymore.....
I really like your ending. Its sad that she left the kids with Helmer.
awww.. i feel kind of bad for Helmer..
commented on Michael Diaz, Amiana , Dominique and Bria
Post a Comment